PRISM Patient Specific Flat Sheets
Available in 3 sizes to facilitate a variety of applications.
- Patient Specific use
- Not to be washed
- Prism Patient Specific Glide Sheets are designed to help reduce cross infection as they are assigned tone patient and disposed of after use.
Uses for Patient Specific Slide Sheets:
- Stays with the patient to help prevent cross infection
- Repositioning patients in the bed
- Aid with the fitting and removal of slings
- Assist with patient turning
- Floor manoeuvres
The principles of safer Manual Handling
1. WIDE BASE OF SUPPORT
To ensure a stable base of support, your feet should be in a ‘step stance’ so that you
can transfer your weight from one foot to the other. Turn your leading foot in the
direction you are going (to prevent twisting). NOSE AND TOES.
2. BEND YOUR HIPS AND KNEES SLIGHTLY
This makes best use of your strong hip and thigh muscles. Avoid excessive knee
3. KEEP YOUR SPINE IN ITS NEUTRAL CURVES
Look up and maintain a wide base.
4. KEEP THE LOAD CLOSE
Keep your hands within your base. To achieve this, stand close to the client or
consider placing one knee on the bed.
5. LOCK AND ROCK
Use your strong body and leg muscles, not your weaker arm muscles. Tuck your
elbows in and transfer your weight from one foot to the other. Ensure that the move
is co-ordinated. Plan the move. Use a clear command – READY, STEADY, MOVE.
Never try to repair a product yourself. Never use a defective product.
NOTE - Specifications may change at the manufacturers discretion. Any changes will be updated accordingly and no orders will be processed without prior notification. All orders are subject to Easy Care Systems Ltd Terms and Conditions.